Saturday 21 September 2013

Ombre Nails DIY

I just love painting my nails, its like having little works of art on your finger nails :) unfortunately though I am not allowed to have them painted for school :( so during the summer I made the most of my chance to paint them. In all 6 weeks they were only unpainted for 1 day! Anyway this was one of the little experiments I did on my nails. I also did rose print and avengers nails so I'll probably post them later too .
I was quite happy with how these turned out to be honest and it was a lot simpler than I thought it would be too.
Ideally you need four shades of the same colour but you could probably make do with three. I used Essie Crewed Interest as the base, then Essie camera, then Revlon sweet tart (it was a special edition in a gift set and it is an absolutely gorgeous colour!) And then I used Essie she's pampered for the last colour.
All you have to do is paint one base coat of your lightest colour, let it dry then use a sponge to sponge on the next lightest colour 3/4 of the way up. Then you let that dry and sponge the next colour half way up and then finally sponge on the final colour just on the tips.

I only have the one photo of them because the lighting was quite bad but hopefully you'll be able to see the effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment