Sunday 21 April 2013

Cutting Jeans to shorts

Sorry its been so long but after we finally got internet my laptop decided to break, but anyway...

I somehow managed to get a whole in the inside seam of my favourite jeans..


So I asked myself what do I do now? and then I knew: I'd cut them down into shorts.

(Terrible photo, I know, but it is surprisingly hard to take a good photo of your shorts in a mirror. And yes there is a Big Bang Theory poster on the floor in the background)

Well the first thing you have to do is turn them inside out and then I used a Sharpie to draw a line across on both sides to make sure that they met before i cut them, because knowing me I would cut them uneven.


That's after I cut one leg...

And that's after the second with the cuffs folded.

I turned the legs up about an inch and then ironed it.

Then I turned it up once more and ironed it again to ensure the cuffs stayed folded.

And they are done. They are a little shorter then I would have liked but because of where the hole was, this was the longest they could have been. 

Hope this helps
xoxo






No comments:

Post a Comment