Saturday 19 December 2015

Broadway Themed Gift Basket

This whole idea stemmed from the Barry M nail polish in Ruby Slippers, after seeing it I knew I had to make my Broadway-loving sister a Musical themed Gift Basket. Each item is meant to be based on one of her favourite musicals, the only one I didn't include but was hoping to was Pippin, because we saw that together at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival. I painted the side of the box to look like the Broadway sign and then filled it with all the items listed below, each of which had a tag attached to it explaining which musical it's for, though I'm guessing she won't need much help.

Items included

  • Newsies Pillow - DIY here
  • Les Mis Hardback -can be found here, though I got this one for £2.99 from a charity shop, which is why there were 2 les mis items, I couldn't resist it when I saw it though I already had an item! I also wrote a cute message for her in the front of it.
  • Les Mis Quote Print -Found here on 3 for 2
  • Ultra Clutch Hairspray -DIY Here
  • Wicked Lyric Bauble -DIY Here
  • Lion Bar - I was struggling with The Lion King, okay?
  • Best of Broadway Palette by NYC- She doesn't even have brown eyes but how could I resist with that name.
  • Barry M Nail Polish in Ruby Slippers - For the Wizard of Oz, which in hindsight I don't think she even likes that much, haha!
I can't wait to see her face on Christmas Day when she opens it, if you try it out or have more ideas, let me know in the comments or on twitter I'm @KatieCorbett98 ...

1 comment: