Thursday 11 April 2013

Rainbow Cake

It was my birthday on the 6th March and I finally got round to making a rainbow cake! Next on the check-list is cake pops.

I kind of cheated and brought packets of cake mixes because I didn't really want to make 3 cakes. I also used frosting from the shop too..But i did buy some great neon sprinkles to go on the top of the cake :)

Note: I used 2 boxes of cake mixes and they turned out much to thin so I would advise using 3 boxes.

You will need:
Cake mixes x3
Icing x1
Cake tins of the same size x6
spoons x6
bowls x6
Food colouring in red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple
Sprinkles (optional)

1.Grease or cut out liners for your cake tins, you will need 6, one for each colour of the rainbow 
2. Mix up the cake mix and split into 6 equal (as equal as you can) parts.

3. Colour each of the parts. I put too much food colouring in mine really...


4.Pour the mix into the lined tins, I cooked 3 at a time because I only had 3 tins.


5. Bake in the oven to packet instructions. But be warned as they're thin they can burn very quickly


6. Take them out and leave them to cool
7.Place the purple layer on the surface and ice, then place the blue layer on top and ice and so on. Just in case you forget, the order is purple,blue, green, yellow,orange and red.

8.Add sprinkles and you're done :D 

Look at the beautiful edible rainbow...

Sorry about the quality I know its terrible..
Anyway, enjoy xoxo




1 comment:

  1. mmm looks tasty! I've made rainbow cupcakes which was easy and just involved dolloping different colours of cake mix on top of one another. This looks trickier but I'd love to give it a go :)

    ReplyDelete