Monday 16 December 2013

Festive Favourites: Movies

I know this is rather late (When am I not!) but I thought for the next couple of days I'd share with you all my favourite festive things. I'll do songs tomorrow but I'm not sure about wednesday, comment below if you have any ideas please.
In no particular order these are a selection of my favourite christmas movies...


Fred Claus is a heartwarming comedy about santa clause's brother Fred and how he's always lived in his brothers shadow but how can you not love Vince Vaughn and Rachel Weisz?
Annie Claus is quite literally one of the cringiest, cheesiest movies I have ever seen and the acting is pretty terrible but you just can't help love it because the story is so cute.





Elf is a classic that no one can ever resist at this time of year so if you haven't seen this yet a)Where have you been?! and b) Do it now!
Eloise at Christmastime is a relatively unknown movie and a new find for me. I saw it on tv last year and spent ages trying to find out the name of it because its just so cute!

The Holiday (2006) Poster

Usually I'm really not a fan of romantic movies at all but at Christmastime I do tend to indulge in soppier films, especially when they are set at Christmastime.
Home Alone is another classic that everyone has seen but you can't not include it can you? The first is definitely the best but the second one isnt too bad either.



This is quite a new film, I believe it was released in 2009 but it is just so cute and Martin Freeman is just amazing!

Finally there's this one movie that I watch every year but can't remember the name of at all. It starts off with a boy graffiting his school hall and when his dad is called in to school, it turns out he is Santa Claus, but he and the boy's mom are split up. He proceeds to fall in love with the sons headmistress throughout the course of the movie. He also has a sister who collects snow globes and feeds carrots to a really fake looking reindeer. If anyone has any ideas please let me know because I adore this film and it is really bugging me!

What are your favourite Christmas movies? Leave a comment and I might just check them out...




No comments:

Post a Comment