Sunday 19 April 2015

April My Little Box Review

So this month's theme was the My Little Dream Box, I thought this was a much more interesting theme than last month's. I loved the design on the box and the little cloud with the quote will look so cute on my wall next to my Eiffel Tower. The theme is honestly the thing I love most about the box, the fact that everything ties together just makes it so much more special in my opinion. And the bags, the little drawstring bags are just so adorable! I really need to find a use for them asap (along with the boxes).
Each month you get one beauty product from their in house beauty range, 2 beauty products from other affiliate companies (which come in the little drawstring bags), 2 lifestyle products and a magazine. The magazine has interviews with interesting people from around the world and always includes a nail art tutorial. This month it was a tutorial for ombre nails which I love doing plus the magazine folded out to make a giant poster of a girl and a peacock.
I still haven't decided if I like the Cowshed Wild Cow Invigorating Body Lotion as it has a really strong ginger smell which whilst invigorating as the name suggests, is just rather overpowering. However it made my skin feel super soft and smooth when I tried it out.
Loved by Lou Lesage Rouge Balm is a very sheer red lipbalm which will be perfect for keeping in my school bag for when my lips need a little something. It feels moisturizing on the lips, if a little sticky but leaves a nice natural sheen and tint.
The Bonne Etoile Necklace came packaged in the cutest little paper cloud that had been sewn together with the quote ' Once upon a dream...' printed on it. It was so exciting to open! Its such a pretty little necklace and I love the fact that it's in French because it means that not everyone can read it. My only complaint is that I would prefer it if it had a black cord because black is basically the only colour I wear.
The second lifestyle product this month was a very cute Stamp and Ink Pad, it has 12 options on it, 4 of which are in French which I had to ask my friend to translate! They range from 'To Do' to 'Wow!' and 'Merci Beaucoup'. I'm not entirely sure what I'll be doing with it, but it should be useful for scrapbooking :)
I used the My Little Beauty Repairing Hair Mask straight after I opened the box and was quite pleased with it, it was definitely one of the better hair masks I've tried as it left my hair feeling clean but nourished however it wasn't a 'wow' product. Nothing will ever compare to the Mark Hill hair mask I use though. However it does smell lovely, quite sweet but fresh, very shampoo-ey if that makes sense, quite a typical smell.
So overall I'm still very pleased with the service that My Little Box delivers and can't wait for next months. What's your opinion on monthly subscription boxes?

No comments:

Post a Comment