Monday 30 December 2013

Mini Makeup Haul and Review

All the cosmetics were on 3 for 2 at boots before Christmas, so I took the opportunity to stock up! :D



From left to right I brought Bourjois Delice de Poudre Bronzing Powder, Barry M Matte nail Varnish in crush, Rimmel London apocalips in Stellar and Maybelline the Falsies mascara.

Now for some mini little reviews...


This is how the matte nail varnish looks, personally I was a little disappointed as it didn't really seem all that matte to me. I prefer to wear it with a layer of clear nail varnish over it to make it normal and glossy because the colour is still absolutely gorgeous and the perfect wintery shade!


This is the first bronzer I have ever used and  to be honest I was a bit scared that it would make me look totally orange because I'm so pale thats why I picked up the lighter shade, though you can't really see much difference between  the two. I proceeded with caution and indeed ended up loving it! Its perfect to add a golden glow to my face especially during the winter and just generally stop me from looking so pale all the time.


This mascara has to be one of the best mascaras I have ever used. Before using this my favourite was probably l'oreal telescopic but after using this for a couple of weeks I believe I may have found my new favourite. It lengthens my eyelashes brilliantly and genuinely does make it look like I'm wearing false lashes if I curl my lashes and put on 2-3 coats.


This lip lacquer is absolutely brilliant! Its basically like a really pigmented lip gloss which stains your lips so even after the lipgloss wears off you are still left with a colour on your lips, thats not to say that the lip gloss isnt long lasting though. As a result I really do like it. It's also very  pigmented and they offer a great range of colours which made it rather hard to pick, I also really wanted Big Bang (The dark red) and phenomenon (The shimmerless nude). Although it looks quite orangey in this photo its more of a red-ish colour with a hint of pink I'd say.
I have also now brought Eclipse (plum colour) and Nude Eclipse (Nude Colour) because they are so brilliant! I'll post about them later too!

So what are your opinions on these products?

2 comments:

  1. I was also kinda disappointed with the Barry M Matte nail polish - I mean it's not the worst but it looks kinda weird - definitely prefer glossy nails now!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one! I will definitely be sticking to glossy too!

      Delete