Wednesday 7 August 2013

Dictionary Necklace

My friends birthday is coming up in September and as I have been wanting to make my own necklace charms for a while now, I felt this was the perfect opportunity to do so. This will also be part of a future post to so don't forget to check back towards the end of August (EDIT- here's the post);) For the image in the pendant I decided to use a cut out from a dictionary that I brought for 49p in a charity shop that was missing a few pages.

Supplies-
Dictionary (or image)
Glue
Glossy accents (or other glaze)
Pendant Blank
Chain
Scissors


1.Cut the image you would like to use to the correct size.


2. Glue the picture into the pendant blank. I used PVA glue for this.


3. Add the glossy accents to the pendant, filling it to the top.


4. Once the pendant is dry thread it onto a necklace or use pliers to open a jump ring and connect it to a chain.




5. I also cut a piece of card and stuck it into the gift box after I stamped it with a message as an added touch.


The finished product, gift boxed and ready to go.

xoxo
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment