Saturday 3 August 2013

Fish Fingers and Custard...

This post will only really make sense to you if you are a whovian as I am, so if not I advise you to ignore it really.
I never actually got round to making the custard before my family ate them all so I only have this photo of them that I quickly snapped on my phone after some of them were gone...

I was quite surprised how much they looked like fish fingers considering that it is just shortbread coated in digestive biscuit crumbs.


Ingredients-

  • 100g plain flour
  • 50g cornflour
  • 100g butter
  • 50g caster sugar
  • 50g Crushed digestive biscuits.

Method-

  1. Sieve the flour  and cornflour together.
  2. Cream the butter until it is soft, then add the sugar and beat until the mixture is pale and creamy.
  3. Then work the flour mixture in 1 tablespoon at a time, bringing the dough together into a ball.
  4. Roll the dough out on a floured surface and cut to the desired shape, in this case, long, thin rectangles.
  5. Place the digestive biscuit crumbs on a plate and then roll the shortbread shapes in it, coating them evenly.
  6. Lay the shapes onto a greased baking tray and bake at 160 degrees,325 fahrenheit,gas mark 3 for 30 minutes until golden brown. 
I wish I'd had time to make the custard too, so that I could have the real doctor who experience, but I'm still pretty happy with how it turned out since my mom thought that they were real fish fingers.

xoxo
Katie
.

No comments:

Post a Comment