Friday 11 July 2014

New York City: Holiday Makeup Bag

Having a rather large makeup collection kinda comes with being a beauty blogger, so when it's time for a trip, it's always hard to dwindle it down to a few key products, but this is what I have tried to do. Trust me, it was hard. Some people may say that 4 lipsticks for a six day trip is excessive but I'm sure if you're reading this you know it's important to have choices, so read on to see my holiday makeup, the products below are the exact ones I'm taking to New York but one or two are in the wrong shades as I couldn't find a good photo of them.

Holiday Makeup Bag


So in the face category we have my favourite everyday concealer, foundation, bronzer, blush and powder, pretty simple really. I also have the Benefit Porefessional primer because I recently got it free in the Elle magazine (I may have spent £4 on a magazine which I personally thought was just adverts for the free gift. Oops.)
For eyes I'm taking a pencil and felt tip liner, I would have prefered a good gel one, but my Collection Gel Liner isn't very long lasting at all. Obviously I also need mascara and my MUA eyebrow kit, then I'm taking the MUA Undressed palette as it's a good neutral palette with a good range of colours and my maybelline colour tattoo in 'On and On Bronze' to use as a base/primer.
Then, for lips I'm taking Rimmel Kate Moss 110, Rimmel Apocalips in Eclipse, Maybelline Colour Sensational Vivids lipstick in Shocking Coral and Natural Collection Lipstick in Crimson. That way I have an orange, purple, pink and red and cover all my bases.
Finally I am also taking some of my Real Techniques brushes which aren't pictured. I think I'll take the Buffing Brush for foundation, Contour Brush for bronzer and blush, Brow Brush for brows, Deluxe Crease Brush for concealer and the Base Shadow Brush for my eyeshadow. Plus my good old primark powder brush to finish it of.

This is actually what I would take on a two week trip to be honest and I'm only going for 6 days...Oops...

No comments:

Post a Comment