Tuesday 7 October 2014

My Top 3 Lip Products

6 days is rather a long break between posts for Beauty By A Geek of late, but since I haven't actually wrote any posts since August (My September posts were all scheduled since I knew I'd be so busy starting sixth form) I kinda forgot. I probably will be posting less frequently now because A-Levels are rather freaking hard anyway.
My collection currently stands at 9 lipsticks, 2 lip crayons, 3 liquid lipsticks and 1 lip gloss so it was no mean feat whittling it down to my top 3 lip products. However, the final contestants are- Bourjois Colour Boost lip crayon in 05 Red Island, Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipstick in 05 Ole Flamingo and Maybelline Colour Sensational Vivid in 910 Shocking Coral.
The first is a true cherry red, the second is a bright but dark pink and the final is a slightly neon bright pink. Whilst I don't wear the maybelline one all that often due to its brightness, it's still one of my favourite lipsticks formula wise so I knew I had to include it. 
The lip crayon and lipstick both have a gorgeous glossy finish whilst the liquid lipstick dries matte on the lips. All three are incredibly long lasting so need minimal touch ups and are beautifully pigmented so stay the same colour and don't tend to fade.
Although they're probably not the most wearable, neutral colours, they probably are my most worn colours of all I own partly because I'm a lover of bright lipstick and partly because they just have such excellent formulas.
L-R Maybelline Colour Sensational, Bourjois Colour Boost Crayon, Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipstick

So there's my recommendations, please give me yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment