Wednesday 4 February 2015

Resolution No. 3: Start Running

USA Pro Blue Leopard Sports Bra and Three Quarter Leggings/ Sony MDR ZX300/L Headphones

So as you'll know if you read my New Years Resolutions Post one of my new years resolutions this year was to start running. Back in November I had decided I wanted to start exercising so during the Black Friday Sales I picked up a USA Pro Sports Bra and Leggings because I knew that having cute gym wear would definitely motivate me more to start exercising. So I started doing Blogilates videos quite regularly. I discovered Cassey's website/channel a year or two ago now and it really is phenomenal, however I just find it really hard to follow her calenders because of how intensive they are and the fact that they mean I had to find time to exercise everyday 6 days a week. However over Christmas I obviously completely failed and my exercise 'routine' just completely stopped so in January I decided that enough was enough, I was tired of always feeling like I couldn't do it and told myself that I could. Its been just over 3 weeks since I decided that it was time to start running and so far, whilst it's been hard work, I don't regret it one bit. I think the main reason that's made me stick with it so far is the help of this app- C25K available on Android/Apple. It asks you to do 3, 30 minute runs for 8 weeks with the aim of getting you to a point where you can run 5K. In order to this it tells you when to run and when to walk, for example for the first week you do a 5 minute walk to warm up then 60 seconds of running to 90 seconds of running for another 20 minutes and then a 5 minute walking cool-down. Each week the running increases and the walking decreases, steadily improving your fitness. You can also play music through or over it plus it even pauses your music to talk to you when you need to change from walking to running, having good music always help me to run faster, so this is a great bonus. The next thing on my to-do list is to buy some good running shoes because at the moment I've been running in my converse, which I'm not sure is the best idea. 

Sorry this has been a very long wordy post, I just wanted to give you all an update on my resolutions, I'm hoping to do some more fitness related posts in the near future...

No comments:

Post a Comment