Friday 18 December 2015

Newsies Cushion DIY

























This is another DIY, similar to the Wicked Lyric Bauble that I've made as part of the Broadway Gift Basket I've made my sister. Hopefully the post of the whole gift will be up very soon! Anyway, being the lazy crafter that I am I was simply gonna glue the cushion cover seams together but my mom made me get her sewing machine out so that I could do it properly and I'm glad she did really, whilst glue works perfectly fine, stitches are so much nicer. To make the actual cushion cover I folded the material around the cushion to measure how much I needed and made sure the ends overlapped, then I removed the pillow from that and literally sewed down each open side. If you need a little more help I'm sure youtube or pinterest will have loads of proper tutorials to help you. The material I used was off Ebay and can be found here.
Except for the sewing everything else was really very easy. I just printed out the Newsies logo pretty big and cut around it, before taping it to a piece of black felt and once again cutting round it. I brought self adhesive felt as well so that all I then had to do was peel off the backing and stick it straight onto the cover, alternatively you could just use fabric glue though.
It was really a surprisingly easy project!

No comments:

Post a Comment