Friday 1 November 2013

Galaxy Print shoes

Originally the plan was Peter Pan shoes. It was gonna be galaxy printed starry background with the silhouettes of Peter Pan and the Darlings flying gracefully across the toes with quotes written along the sides. Then I remembered I can't paint. Or draw. What a pity. But anyway, I ended up with galaxy print shoes instead.


I started off with plain white pumps and removed the laces.

Then I taped off the bottoms and painted the whole shoe dark blue.


Next I sponged on lighter blues.

Then sponged on some pink and purple.

And added some white focused  in the lighter areas. 

Then I took off the tape...

...and cleaned up the lace holes.


Before using a toothpick to add in the stars. I did clusters of little dots in the lighter areas and did the occasional little cross star to add variety.

Here's both pairs fully painted.

And finally I added the laces.

Hope you like the tutorial,


No comments:

Post a Comment