Wednesday 27 November 2013

Glittery Christmas Houses

Christmas is just around the corner (Yay!) so I have started making christmas decorations and decorating my room, I put my Christmas tree up on Sunday :D
I am a total magpie for glittery, sparkly things, especially around the holiday season, so when I saw sparkly christmas houses popping up everywhere i just knew I had to make one. But since the paper mache houses cost £9.99 at my local hobbycraft, being the cheapskate that I am, I decided to make mine myself instead.

Click below to see the DIY...
You will need-

  • Paper mache house (Or make one yourself as I have)
  • Paint
  • Glitter
  • PVA Glue
  • Wall Paper or Scrapbook paper
  • Decorative bits and bobs



I picked up a wallpaper sample at B& Q to paste onto my walls. Its covered in old fashioned letters and postcards and I thought it was quite cute and a bit christmassy.

The longest step was definitely cutting out all the pieces to make the house! I used cereal and frozen pizza boxes to cut out the frame and used my hot glue gun to stick them all together.


That is all the sides of my house wallpapered, I just need to cut out the windows.

Then all that was left was to cut out the windows and they were ready to be glued together.


Here it is after all the walls are glued together.


next I painted all the roof bits...

...then I glitterized them :)
  
Then I cut out little triangles from a piece of card and stamped them to read 'Merry Christmas'.


Then to make it into bunting I attached some bakers twine.


Then I positioned the bunting and glued the string inside the house.

 I used some concertinaed dictionary pages and an old pair of earrings to jazz up the sides of the house.


Next I added the big snowflake to the middle and the beading around the door.

Then after thinking about it I decided to add some beams for the room to sit on to make it easier to glue on.
  
This is after the dormer windows and chimney have been glitterized and the chimney folded up.

Then I glued the chimney and dormer windows to the roof and glued the whole house to the base.

Close ups of some of the decorations.

And the final house ready to be positioned on my shelf to bring a bit of sparkle and christmas magic to my bedroom...


Have you started decorating yet or are you waiting till its a bit closer...

No comments:

Post a Comment