Wednesday 12 March 2014

bareMinerals Bright & Beautiful in Light Review

Who doesn't love getting stuff in the mail? Especially when it's makeup! 

 I brought this kit after discovering it was £29 at boots rather than £48. Thankyou very much hotukdeals.com! I don't own any Bare Minerals makeup and I figured that this would be the perfect opportunity to try some out.

 Also how cute is the box that it comes in, I liked it so much that I decided to keep it to store some of my makeup :)

  Here are some swatches off all the makeup in the kit.

The set comes with a face primer and eye primer which is gold tinted. To be honest I would consider the eye primer more of a gold cream shadow than a primer as it has a lot of colour to it. I have nothing to compare these primers to in way of other products as I have previously never tried any primers but I can say that the few times I have worn foundation with the face primer my liquid foundation has stayed in longer. I also have quite oily eyelids and this primer has held ny eyeshadow on longer without creasing, but still isn't perfect.

The top is the eyeshadow in the colour smoke and then the blush is in the shade pink petal and the foundation is the original in light. I have taken to wearing the blush daily now as it is such a beautiful colour and glides on really easily, plus you can build up the colour to go as dark as you would like. 
I also really like the eyeshadow as it is a very subtle colour and is great for a neutral smokey eye look. The only problem I have is the that you aren't able to close the holes on it like you are with the blusher and foundation. I took this out in my makeup bag once and it had all fallen out into the lid which was really annoying. 
Finally onto the foundation. I must admit that on my first use of this I absolutely hated it, I felt the colour didn't match my skin (too yellow), and it didn't offer enough coverage, plus I found it really hard to put on because I have never worn a mineral foundation. I find the concept very odd any way because it amounts to wearing a powder as a foundation. But as I tried it out more I grew to really quite like it which surprised me! Because I have quite oily skin I found that it keeps my skin looking a lot more matte than a liquid foundation and also it felt so light on my face that I forgot I was wearing it which is so much better than some liquid foundations I have worn that have felt heavy and greasy on my face. Coverage wise though I'm still not convinced, I think this will be one I save for the summer or when I'm on holiday and only want something very light as liquid foundation definitely offers much better coverage I think.

I was very disappointed in the brush as it started shedding on the first use, I think I will probably be using the real techniques buffing brush to apply the foundation in the future. If anyone who works at Bareminerals ever reads this, I was not happy, especially since your brushes cost so much anyway!

This set comes with the lip gloss in the shade fruit cocktail. I tend not to wear lip gloss because my hair always gets stuck to it which is not a good look but this is a pretty colour so I will be trying to wear it more often I think. Also it comes with a brush type applicator rather than a doe foot applicator which was what I expected, I personally prefer doe foot applicators though I have noticed that a lot of bloggers don't. Each to their own I guess.

I'm usually more of a liquid eyeliner girl to be honest but I do quite like this eyeliner, it's really soft so it doesn't hurt when you put it in your waterline and you don't have to press really hard. Also how useful is it that it comes with a tip on the end to smudge it and a tiny little sharpener all built into the pen? The eyeliner is in the shade charcoal and I I really love it!

So what's your opinion on mineral foundation and Bare Minerals as a whole?

No comments:

Post a Comment