Sunday 9 March 2014

Real Techniques Core Collection

To be honest I'm not sure why I'm writing about these since every blogger and their mother already seems to have, anyone who hasn't heard the rave about Real Techniques brushes must have been living under a rock but anyway here we go...


Normally this set costs £21.99 in boots or superdrug but when I brought mine they were selling them at asda for £11.99 with an extra 25% off when you added them to your basket meaning that I got mine for £8.99! Needless to say, I was absolutely ecstatic! Unfortunately they came back into stock on December 25th and so the first thing I did when I woke up on christmas day was not open presents but in fact order makeup brushes, committed or what! The price has now gone up to £15.43 which is still a great price though. 


I really like that it gives you the names of all the brushes on the back and all their uses too, plus I love the fact that it says on the side of the actual brushes what they are for as opposed to most other brushes I have seen, which means that if you aren't all that skilled and don't know what every brush is for off the top of your head, you can still use them right.


The set comes with 4 brushes and a carry case/display stand which is great for if I'm transporting my brushes to a friends house or something but as a stand its not all that useful because it takes way too long in the mornings to get the brushes in and out of the elastic holders.

This is the flat foundation brush for applying liquid foundation. Personally I use it for applying concealer under my eyes and around my nose as I don't actually wear foundation day to day usually.

The detailer brush to be used to apply concealer or lipstick. I use this for concealing any blemishes I have.

Contouring brush for applying bronzer, blush or highlighter. I use this for bronzer and blusher most days.

The buffing brush for applying foundation or powder. I find this brush works really well with both liquid foundation and my bare minerals foundation. However don't be as stupid as I was once and try and use it for powder straight after using it for liquid foundation because it all just got stuck to the brush... 

Overall I have much the same opinion as the rest of the world really because these are such brilliant brushes!
Any recommendations on which ones I should add to my collection next? I'm thinking the eye set ?

No comments:

Post a Comment