Friday 23 October 2015

Smoothie Bowls

I'm like a year late to the trend now, but how pretty are smoothie bowls? It's the kind of food that you just have to instagram before eating. I'm not really a huge fan of smoothie's generally speaking but I think this is a great way to eat them, especially with some yoghurt swirled through them then topped with loads more pretty fruit, seeds and granola. Over the summer I made a couple using whatever fruit my local Tesco had reduced which often included pomegranate seeds, mangos and kiwis. Tinned fruit like peaches and pineapple also work really well. I always try to add chia seeds to my diet wherever I can to give a protein boost so usually sprinkle a few on top too. Then I try to add some other super foods such as dried goji berries and blueberries. The important thing really is to vary the texture in my opinion, using crunchier toppings works best, such as granola and seeds.
I'm really not sure what this post was meant to be, I think I just wanted to show ya'll pretty pictures really, so enjoy the aesthetics guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment