Wednesday 23 December 2015

Mac Von Teese Lipstick Swatch and Review





I'm a red lipstick addict, I'll admit it. Why would you wear nude or pink when you could wear red? Dark red, bright red, matte red,glossy red, so many options. So when I saw that MAC were selling a limited edition red designed my the queen or red lipstick Miss Dita Von Teese, how could I possibly say no?
It's a bright vivid true red, comparable to a tomato as they say on the website and contrary to the promo pics it is a matte formula, which I always prefer. It makes my teeth look whiter when I wear it which I love and it is quite long lasting, I'd say 3-4 hours, but less if you're eating and drinking. Due to the fact that it's matte, I do find it to be quite a drying formula, particularly as I needed to reapply it 1-2 times throughout the day. It smells sweet and vanilla-y like all MAC lipsticks, which I find slightly overpowering tbh.
The packaging is literally gorgeous, I love the glossy tube and personally think it's so much nicer than the normal matte ones, much sleeker and more luxurious. The red signature shows off that it's a special limited edition lipstick as well. The signature is also engraved on the actual lipstick too. The box it comes in is also adorned with the beautiful Dita Von Teese across 3 sides, with a bright red interior.My only complaint packaging wise is that as with all MAC lipsticks I wish they printed the shade names on stickers that match the colour of the lipstick as it makes it so much easier to find the one you're looking for at a glance.
At £17 it's comfortably the most expensive lipstick I own, but unfortunately isn't my favourite. Whilst I do love it to pieces, I personally find MAC lipsticks to be overrated, is it just me? I'm still glad I brought it (though I am now broke) as I do really like it and I've always wanted a limited edition MAC product so it's something ticked off the bucket list.
Unfortunately as it was limited edition it did sell out immediately on the 9th when it was released, so it's no longer available, sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment