Tuesday 18 February 2014

My Smash Journal

First things first, this is a very photo heavy post so be prepared!
I posted a small photo of my journal on my Festive Favorites: Activities post
 and Niamh from Niamhs Dream (One of my fave blogs :P) commented saying that she wouldn't mind a post on my smash journal so here it is...rather late, but here, none the less...
Note: None of my journal is even vaguely in chronological order as I tend to see what events and tidbits fit well with what pages so its in rather an odd order.

I have the Wedding version of the Smash Journal because although I'm not getting married (Who would have guessed, hey?) I really liked the pretty designs of some of the pages :)

My introduction page which is unfinished. Whenever I'm bored I like to add doodles to it...

I like to keep in the little introduction page so that I can read over it if I ever need inspiration.
  
A close up of some of my doodling.

 
The next page is from when I went to the Fusion Festival at the end of the summer with my friends and then from when I went to see the Lion King at the Birmingham Hippodrome with my family in September.

This is me and all my friends at the fusion festival, I am on the end at the left, we had such a good time :D

A close up of some other stuff from the Fusion Festival.
  
The next page is a collage of some of the things that I am currently in love obsessed with.

On the left there is a page of stuff from the October half term, I still need to get some photos printed to stick in there though from halloween parties and stuff. Then on the right there is a collage of some Christmassy stuff like train tickets from when I went sale shopping, the label from some new little mermaid socks that I bought (I'm a child at heart!), a list of some of the new things that I did over the christmas season and a christmas card from my form tutor because she has just left :'(

 
The card when its open and a better view of some of the other stuff.

Thats what my form tutor wrote in the card, how cute!

A page summarising all the goings on of November 2013, School trip to Oxford, Seeing West Side Story, Putting up the xmas tree decs, going to see the Hunger Games, Doctor Who 50th anniversary episode, seeing Thor and signing up to be an organ donor among other things!

A close up of what happened in November...

A page on my Summer holidays! I miss summer. Dont get me wrong, I love hot chocolate and cosy sweaters and snow (As long as I'm inside ;) ) but I guess I'm just a summer kind of girl really. Sunshine just makes me happy at heart.

My Summer holiday Calender

My movies page! Going to the cinema is one of my favourite things to do so I decided to stick in all my cinema tickets so I wouldnt forget all the awesome movies I've seen.


Dont even try to deny it, he's hot.


So is Robert Downey Jr though.


My aims for 2014 page, I cant believe how fast 2013 went and I want to make sure that I get lots done this year. I have accomplished 3 of them already and am working on a fourth (Finally getting contact lenses)but since most of them are reading books it shouldn't take me too long haha!


You guys feel free to help me out either of these ones :)


Then my main Christmas spread with my yankee candle labels, xmas jumper label and the stereotypical starbucks. Plus a photo in the coffee sleeve of my trip to the German market.

Keeping a list ready for next year of all the best christmas related things :)


Breaking up for summer on the left (I'm in the red top and hi to any of you who are reading if you're in the photos [I know Bronagh is :p], I hope you don't mind me posting it) and a quotes page on the right which still isn't finished.

Then my page from when we visited French and Belgium as part of our history studies. It was a really humbling and saddening experience to see it all to be honest, but also very touching and I think more people should have the opportunity to see it the monuments and battle fields.


Some photos from the trip.


That's me again in the red top and navy skirt on the left (clearly I like that outfit!)


Christmas gifts page. Obviously the gifts aren't the most important thing but be honest, you love it...


And then a page with some DIY's and tutorials cut from magazines on the left and a page of all my current favourite foods on the right. I absolutely adore bitsa wispas but I'm really not a fan of wispa bars. Weird, huh?


Whilst flicking through a La De Dah Journal (I personally prefer Smash journals as Lah De Dah journals have really thin pages, though you are able to add more pages to them as they are ring binder type things.) I saw a wish jar page and decided to make my own for my book as it was cute idea, what do you guys think?

Some of the other beautiful pages in the book that are yet untouched-


The glue/pen hybrid that comes with the book is very useful but you run out of glue really quickly so I usually just use double sided sticky tape instead.

I also recently brought some extras just after christmas, I got the date stamp, phrase tape and a quotes book.

All the options on the stamp.

Some pages from the quotes books.

So there we go. A very long post on my smash Journal, hope you enjoyed and that you feel inspired to create your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment