Wednesday 21 May 2014

Katy Perry Oh Honey False Eyelashes Review

These were my first pair of false eyelashes so I don't really have anything to compare these to, but I must say I love them. I bought them after reading a lot of good reviews and it was a toss up between the 'Oh Honey' and 'Sweetie Pie' ones. 
 They have a clear band so you could definitely wear these without eyeliner plus it means that they are really flexible and because they are natural looking ones they are very light too. All in all they are very comfortable to wear and the glue that comes with them works really well. The only problem I had with them is that I'm not really sure they made all that difference to me appearance wise because I have pretty long lashes anyway. You can definitely notice when my eyes are closed, but when they are open they look very natural and not that much longer than my natural lashes so next time I might be tempted to go for a pair that's a little heavier.


I bought these for £5.95 in Superdrug but unfortunately I went into Bodycare afterwards to buy some St Moriz tan and unfortunately found the exact same pair for £4. I was a little heartbroken, my friends (Hi Bronagh!) already know this because I spent quite a while complaining about this! So the moral of the story is that you should shop around!


As you can probably tell, I wasn't great at putting the lashes on, but it was my first go, so please let me off? The left one ended up a bit wonky and I really struggled with making the inner corners stay down but I think I sorted it out in the end. Overall considering it was the first time I've ever tried putting them on I think I did alright, but I think that was thanks to watching Pixiwoo's video to be honest, very helpful for a first timer!


Please bare in mind (Or bear in mind?) that the two photos below were taken after I got home from the party as I was taking the lashes off, so I'm sorry if I'm looking a little worse for wear. Being the idiot that I am though, I didn't think to get a photo with and without lashes, comparing the two. So basically, on the left is me with the lashes and on the right is my natural lashes without mascara or anything on. I'd also like to apologise for the bottom photo being out of focus, but you can kind of see it still...?



So all in all I'm really happy with these lashes and I really hope that they will last a while. Have any of you tried Katy Perry lashes or the Eyelure ones before, any styles that you could recommend me to try out next? 

No comments:

Post a Comment