Monday 21 July 2014

PROM

Hi everybody, 
There isn't much to say about this except that it was my prom on July the 2nd and it was an amazing night, everyone looked gorgeous and the venue was great except for a little issue with the driveway meaning that we had to walk part of the way to the venue.

Me and my friends

Me and my sister

The whole family.

 Both mine and my sisters' friends before prom

The dress-
I actually brought my dress from Boundary Mills when my dad went shopping there. When I first saw it I actually didn't really like it but my mom made me try it on and I quite liked how 'Great Gatsby-ish' it was so we brought it. I actually thought I would end up taking it back but in the end it really grew on me and I ended up loving it! After googling the brand I also found that they sell the same dress in House of Fraser for £240 which I couldn't believe considering I only paid £50 for it!

 The accessories-
My clutch bag was from TK Maxx and the shoes were from a local discount shoe store called Monkey Shu and are originally from Aldo. Plus my earrings which aren't actually pictures here (Oops) were from Forever 21.

The hair-
My cousin (Who is amazing btw!) did my hair for me since she is a hairdresser and I absolutely loved it, plus I got soo many compliments on it.

The makeup-



This isn't actually the makeup that I wore to prom as I forgot to get a close up before I went but this is the same makeup I did when I tried it before hand on myself and it looked pretty much the same except for that I switched the lipstick to my new MAC one that I brought in NY (Mac Creme Cup). For my eye makeup I followed this tutorial which I found on youtube. I used the MUA Undressed palette rather then the Urban Decay naked palette used in the video and for my base I used Benefit Porefessional Primer and Mac studio fix foundation and Bronzer which my cousin lent me for the night.

The amazing prom committee also organised for there to be a photobooth at prom so if you want a laugh (particularly at my teachers) then you should have a look at these but here are two that I'm in...


It was an amazing night overall and I really enjoyed seeing all my friends dressed up, dancing all night and having a few conversations with tipsy teachers...

If you've had your prom recently I'd love to see some photos so leave a comment.





No comments:

Post a Comment