Monday 11 August 2014

DIY Bedroom Decor


Today I wanted to share with you a few of the DIY decorating projects that I have been adding to my room over the summer. 

PHOTO COLLAGE
The first one (the photo wall) has been there since I moved but I have added lots of new quotes to it recently (the ones above the photo collage in the centre) so I thought I would include it.




I have been collecting things and adding to the wall since I moved house which is a whole year and a half ago now! Some of the stuff was on my wall in my old house, however the main addition since moving was the big photo collage in the centre which my friends Rose and Liz made for me for my birthday last year, it was such a thoughtful gift and easily one of the best I've ever been given.

QUOTE GLOBE
I actually got the inspiration for this off of Shay Mitchell's Instagram,when she posted this picture...
When I saw it I just fell in love with it and knew I had to have a go at recreating it. Basically I just got this globe from the 99p store and drew out the quote with a pencil copying it off a picture I found online, then used white acrylic paint and went over it 4-5 times. I'm really happy with how it turned out, considering how terrible I am at painting.

DIY DREAMCATCHER
Here is a really good DIY done by one of my favourite youtubers LaurDIY that I followed to do the weaving in the centre of it. For the ring I used half of an embroidery hoop then wrapped it in twine and used an old pair of earrings that I never wore for the feathers and the charms in the bottom.

So there we go, 3 easy DIY's to for your bedroom...

No comments:

Post a Comment