Sunday 15 November 2015

My Little Creative Box: October




October's My Little Box will be my 8th and final. Whilst I am still enjoying receiving them I can't really justify the cost anymore as £15 a month isn't that cheap considering I  get items or products that I don't want or need. I'm making a conscious effort to buy less 'things' and stopping my subscription will definitely help, though the message on the bag does weirdly echo my sentiment. 
I also want to apologize that my review is so late, college has been a bit of a nightmare lightly. This was my first box to arrive late which didn't help either, as though it said it had been dispatched on the 7th I didn't receive it till the 23rd and they are meant to be delivered between the 10th and 20th each month. I often read on Instagram that people's boxes arrive late but I guess I've just been lucky before. 
As you can tell October's theme was 'Creativity' however I'm not sure that the items in the box portrayed this. The Tote Bag is lovely and very useful to me but I think if they were aiming for creativity they should have sent a plain tote and some fabric pens. Similarly the Tech Jewelry wasn't that creative but also happened to be quite useless and not something that I was really interested in.
The Magazine was rather boring as ever, they always fold out to be giant posters so that it's just photos on the one side and they usually have 2-3 articles including a hair or makeup tutorial and an interview with people that I rarely know.
The beauty products were also unfortunately similarly disappointing. I found the Talika Photo-Hydra Moisturiser to be quite rubbish, especially considering it costs over £40 a tube usually, it has a gorgeous gel consistency which feels so smooth on your skin when you apply it. It absorbs really fast which seems great, but immediately after, your skin just feels dry again, I've taken to putting two moisturisers on now because of this. The tube also felt rally empty before I'd even used any. The other annoying thing was that I also received a My Little Beauty Night Cream in October's box which though lovely, it is slightly pointless to give 2 moisturisers in one box. The night cream is super thick and creamy and feels lovely when you apply it to your face, it's definitely too thick to use in the morning. It absorbs fast and leaves your skin feeling very hydrated too unlike the other one. The final beauty product is an AINY Oil for hair or skin. I've used it in my hair and it's nice but it feels 'wetter' than the Mark Hill one I usually use. I know that's a strange thing to say but I feel like as a result it makes my hair feel greasy thought it hydrates my hair just as well. It also feels really nice when used on the skin as a moisturiser. However once again the fact that I already got two moisturisers in this box makes it quite annoying that this is also basically just a glorified moisturizer.
The fact that I was quite disappointed with this box helped with my decision to end my subscription but the main fact really was the cost. When I consider that I've spent £120 on these boxes now I definitely feel like I've made the right choice. Not to say that I haven't enjoyed many of the items I've received.
What's your opinion on monthly subscription boxes?

No comments:

Post a Comment